Friday, August 15, 2008

bar-b-que

CC and I had dinner at Gates Barbeque tonight, and my goodness, I can't believe how much food they give out in one order! We each ordered the short ribs and a soda (or "pop" as it's called around here), and shared an order of fries. All that for $32 and change. Normally, at a nice barbeque restaurant, it's just $32 for an order of ribs.

The ribs had a nice sauce on it, and there was also extra sauce available for dipping (spicy, sweet & mild, and original). The ribs were also a bit on the burnt side, and the outer part was more chewy than tender, but if you got a thick part of the ribs, the meat was juicy and fell off the bone real easily. The fries were super crunch, just the way I like em.


I also went to Costco the day after I arrived back in KC (to stock up on bottled water because I'm spoiled like that and will not drink from the tap), and I induldged myself in the Costco hot dog combo - a really large polish sausage and a large soda for $1.50. Can't beat that price! I only wish they serve this kind of combo at ball parks, amusement parks, and any other parks that serve overpriced snack foods.
Yeah, I think I've blown the summer six pack challenge too.

No comments: