Wednesday, August 27, 2008

special bday lunch (for CC)

I missed CC's birthday over the summer, so yesterday I took her out to lunch at the Tearoom at Andre's Confiserie Suisse. Andre's is known for the decadant chocolates, so we were expecting a great lunch too, which is just a prix fix meal that comes with beverage, entree and dessert. There is also a different menu everyday of the month (well, maybe they recycle the menus every month).

I would just like to add that whatever they put into the iced-tea, it was delicious. I think I drank like four glasses of iced tea, and I don't usually drink more than two glasses of any beverage, including water.
I chose the Bratwurst entree, which comes with a side salad topped with Andre's salad dressing (made in-house at Andre's and was extremely light but very tasty), and polenta. The bratwurst was a little plain (I was expecting more of a POW taste) but was pretty tasty when dipped in mustard. The polenta was pretty good too -- it was like mashed corn pie.
CC had the Chicken and Mushroom Vol au Vent -- translation: chicken and mushroom in puff pastry. I thought the serving was a bit on the small size, but I suppose the Swiss likes to eat in smaller portions, which is probably the correct amount a person should normally eat anyway. The meal also came with slices of tomatoes and a corn salad. All of which CC really enjoyed.
For dessert, we had a whole tray to choose from (I wish I had asked to take a picture of the tray). We chose the Dobash Slice (seven layers of vanilla cake and chocolate ganache) and some Summer Torte (not shown on website) that had some apricot and raspberry jam. Both desserts were delicious. I especially loved the chocolate ganache from the Dobash slice - it was so creamy and smooth. Since Andre's has a different selection of entrees for each day of the month, I suppose we'll just have to keep going back everyday in order to taste everything on the "menu." Too bad lunch wasn't $5 per person! (It was $14 per person.)

No comments: