Friday, August 22, 2008

no-bake chocolate cupcakes

I took a mini-vacation from school and flew back west to SF for a job fair. So, since I couldn't be in class today, I spent the day at The Boy's mother's house (to get away from the SF fog and be in some nice summer heat).
I haven't been making anything from my cupcake book lately because of this summer heat. It's way too hot to turn on the oven! But I wanted to surprise his mom with cupcakes so there was one recipe in the book that didn't require me to turn on the oven -- No-Bake Chocolate Cupcakes! Basically, it's just a chocolate flavored rice crispy treat. Super sweet but extra yummy!
Ingredients:
Six Snickers bars. I decided to use Snickers Almonds so I guess this is a no-bake chocolate almond cupcake.
4 tablespoons butter
3 1/2 cups rice krispies cereal

7 ounces milk or dark chocolate, melted.

No-baking instructions:

1. Line a 12-holed standard muffin pan with paper baking cups.

2. Chop up five of the candy bars coarsely.

3. Place chopped bars in medium pot with the butter; stir over low heat until smooth.


4. Add the rice krispies and stir until mixed.


5. Press mixture into baking cups.

6. Melt the chocolate over low heat.


7. Spread the melted chocolate over the cupcakes.


8. Cut the remaining candy bar into 12 slices.


9. Top each cupcake with a slice of candy bar. Refridgerate 30 minutes or until set.


10. Grab a glass of milk and enjoy!

No comments: