Friday, August 15, 2008

Disney tales #2

The first place I wanted to eat at while at Disneyland Resort was Ariel's Grotto. Why? Mostly because anyone eating there had the opportunity to meet the Disney Princesses.

Our first Disney Princess meeting: Ariel herself. She was in human form and had her ballgown on. We had our photo taken with her before being seated at our table. She was really quite bubbly, but I think she toned down the happiness when it was our turn because we were not 5 years old (Ariel was playing "I Spy" with the little girl ahead of us in line).
Next Princess was Snow White. I don't know why, but I think she's a bit creepy looking in this picture. Maybe it's because she's too happy. Anyway, she was also quite bubbly and floated around from table to table like she was as light as a feather. That's my arm if you haven't guessed by now.
Next up was Princess Belle of Beauty and the Beast (The Boy's favorite Disney Princess, although he said this one looked old...).
I really like Belle's dress, especially the back. I also wondered if these actresses were hot underneath her dress. I mean, it was like 85+ degrees outside, and it wasn't ice-cold AC inside, AND those dresses were made out of cotton, with lots of padding.
The Boy thought the prettiest Princess at the Grotto was Sleeping Beauty. I have to agree with him, mostly because Snow White is still freaking me out.
And the last Princess to grace our table was Princess Jasmine. She had a LOT of hair, all of which was probably fake.
I was disappointed that Cinderella didn't show up. =(
Anyway, I said Ariel's Grotto was a restaurant so here's what they offered for food: there's a prix fix menu of $27.95 for a three course meal - soup/salad, entree and dessert. The Boy chose the chicken noodle soup, and I had the garden salad, both of which were very simply made but tasted really good (probably because our last meal was at 10am and we were eating lunch at 4pm).
I guess I only remembered to take a picture of my salad, and forgot to take a picture of the entrees, which we both had a hamburger and fries. But, I did remember to take a picture of the desserts: chocolate cake and...
...baked apple crumb and vanilla ice-cream. And, if this was your birthday, they add a candle to your dessert and the servers sing to you. During our hour long lunch there, we heard the birthday song about five times (someone was also celebrating their 21st birthday at that time too).
Overall, I thought the price for the food was overpriced, but the opportunity to have your picture taken with each Disney Princess was well worth the price.

No comments: