Monday, August 11, 2008

painting pottery fun #2

I had so much fun painting pottery the first time around that I had to find a similar place in SF as a date idea with The Boy. I noticed a pottery place on Castro Street and looked it up online later. The name of the place is Terra Mia Decorative Art Studio. Lo and behold, they also carry pre-made ceramics that one can enjoy creative painting with. What was even better is that on Wednesdays one can have free studio painting time if one donates three cans of food. With cans of chicken noodle soup and boxes of pasta meals, The Boy and I headed to the pottery studio on a Wednesday and let our creative juices flow.

My goal for the day was to create a Winnie the Pooh themed cereal bowl and mug for The Boy (his favorite Disney character is Winnie the Pooh). I sketched on images of Pooh, Piglet, Tigger and Eeyore on the mug, but then I was pressed for time and just decided to paint the cereal bowl in similar colors as the mug.


The Boy still had to go to work that day, so he only picked one project, a cute little penguin (Happy Feet fan that I am) that he painted all by himself. These are the almost-finished product -- it just needs to be glazed and fired.

Three days after our painting fun, our finished items, all glazed and shiny, were ready to be picked up.
Pictures of The Boy's and my masterpieces.



1 comment:

Katie Woods said...

Wow! Your Winnie the Pooh cup and bowl are really good! If you ever get bored, you can make me an Alice In Wonderland one... :) Kidding! I'll see you soon!