Wednesday, April 16, 2008

the opposite of working out

My friends and I decided to take on the Summer-Six-Pack-Challenge, where we all measure our waistlines (in private, of course) and take a picture of our beergut/muffintops/flabby abs/my Pal, before we head off to our different destinations for the summer. Then, wherever each person may be, we vow to do a rigid exercise program towards the goal of achieving a six pack of abs by the time we all return to KC for the start of our final year in law school. The girl with the most improved set of abs wins all the bragging rights for the rest of the year.

I would also like to add that the two girls who already have FLAT stomachs should not be allowed to compete in this challenge, but since we're judging on overall improvement, those two better had rock hard abs that are so defined you could wash clothes on your "washboard abs".

Anyway, so J and I started going to the gym together this week. On Monday, we did a rigourous 30 minutes workout -- J on the treadmill and me on the elliptical (because you know, I'm old and my knees hurt). We ran/glided hard. We sweated tons. We chugged water and ran some more. We made our muscles hurt.

Then we showered, met up with the girls and had some ice-cream right afterwards.

WAIT!!! We had a reason for the ice-cream. C and I had birthday coupons for free Love-it size creations at Coldstone Creamery, but because mine expires almost as soon as C gets her coupon, we had to find a mutual date so the girls could get together and celebrate the end of my birthday week and the start of C's birthday week. So with this Love-it size Mint Mint Chocolate Chocolate Chip ice cream creation, I declare it the end of my birthday celebration week.

So, on Wednesday (today), J and I went to the gym again. We both did a 30 minute workout on the elliptical today, with pretty hard resisteance and doing intervals of hill climbs. I had a toning class last night, so my muscles were extremely sore, but I gritted through the 30 minute workout. We grunted. We sweated. We panted. We made our muscles sore.

I don't know what J did for dinner, but while I was in my afternoon class after being done with the gym, I was chatting with T online and she made me hungry talking about her craving for fried chicken, which gave me a craving for Burger King. So as soon as class was over, I called up CC and asked if she wanted to go kill our diets with french fries. Happily, she relented and my Pal is a happy tummy right now.


I know what you're thinking, what's the point of working out and taking a six-pack-challenge if all I'm going to do is eat junk. I say this: I'm warming up to the actual starting point, which is AFTER finals are over, and I'll start losing weight when I start my internship for the City Attorney's office because I'll only be able to afford to eat peanut butter sandwiches on my salary of $0. Cut out the eating, lose the fat. And somewhere in between, do lots of crunches to get those washboard abs.

Yep, that's plan.

3 comments:

Tia said...

You're funny! I find myself visiting your blog nowadays for lunch ideas. Perhaps it's not such a good idea. :P

q-pig said...

I have never advertised for healthy eating on this blog. =)

Anonymous said...

Your blog is cute! I like reading blogs about food a lot, just don't have time to make them. I will make it down and read it after the finals.