Thursday, August 28, 2008

Texas Roadhouse

We had a Girls Night Out today, and to belatedly celebrate a couple of the girls' birthdays, and decided to have dinner at Texas Roadhouse in Blue Springs, Missouri. The coolest thing here was that they had buckets of peanuts everywhere, and you could just eat the peanuts and throw the shells on the floor.


I couldn't get over the fact that you could just litter the shells on the floor. I felt so guilty for "littering" but I kept doing it because I was allowed to. It was fun!

The dinner rolls were so yummmmyyyy....all buttery and warm, and it comes with a side of cinnamon butter spread. I, myself, had 2 1/2 dinner rolls with cinnamon butter, because you know three rolls would be too much for a lady to eat in one sitting.

2/3 of the group had a salad as one of her side choices (not me -- J and I are meatatarians). Everyone who had a salad said the ranch dressing was really good. From the looks of it, the salad looked pretty tasty.

More buckets of peanuts at our table, only they also gave us an extra bucket to put shells in if we wanted to.
And now for the dinner selection, starting off with my plate: Half Slab of Ribs with Mashed Potatoes and Steamed Veggies, which I am so proud of myself for eating 2/3 of the veggies because I hate califlower and broccoli.
Country Fried Chicken slathered in gravy sauce (with mashed potatoes and green beans, which are not shown here)

Half slab ribs with a baked potato loaded with cheese, sour cream and bacon bits.
Pulled BBQ pork sandwich with fried onion rings and a pickle.
Half slab ribs with mashed potato, no gravy.
1/3 slab ribs with steak fries.
Are you full from looking at the pictures yet? I'm still full from actually eating it, and dinner was almost four hours ago!




No comments: