Thursday, October 30, 2008

this week's worth of food

Tuesday dinner: Shrimp Pad Thai (Thai-hot) from the Thai Place in Westport. Thai-hot is hot. It wasn't hot enough to make me want to stop eating, but it was hot enough for me to not finish my plate. I had left overs for the next two meals. Note to self: next time order medium.


Wednesday lunch: Soup & Salad combo from Eggcetera, a few blocks from school. The soup of the day was clam chowder, and it was just a usual garden salad with ranch on the side. The clam chowder was served fresh from a new batch in the pot, and it was full of clams! Clams in every bite. I was very surprised at how much salad was given to me because it was almost the same serving size as my lunch companion's grilled chicken salad. The salad was full of fresh and crisp veggies. I felt a little healthier eating it.

Thursday happy hour at Velvet Dog in KCMO. The happy hour drink specials consisted of $2 wells, $2 domestics and $3 cosmos and appletinis. I started off with a diet coke because we were the first ones there and I didn't know what the drink specials were. But as soon as I heard the waitress call off $3 appletinis, I ordered myself one...and then had a second!
This was a happy hour for the staff and board of The Urban Lawyer Law Review, so food was selected by our board's program editors. There were chicken tenders with a selection of sauces...

...hummus, pita bread, spinich dip, chips and cheese dip.

So now I'm buzzed from the appletinis and full from the happy hour food. Good time for a nap, or possibly just go straight to bed. I have a feeling sleeping won't be a problem tonight.




No comments: