Tuesday, October 07, 2008

cho-ga cho-ga

We decided to go Korean tonight for after-class-dinner, and ended up at Choga Korean Restuarant in Overland Park, KS. It took a while to drive there from KC, but the neverending cups of barley tea and endless amount of yummy food totally makes up for the distance.
Above, there are the small side dishes that usually comes with every meal at a Korean resturant. The noodle dish is Jap-chae, and the meat in the fishy-looking-skillet is Calbi, aka barbeque beef short rib (my favorite dish!)
Above from left to right: Bulgolgi (barbeque pork); spicy squid and spicy pork.
The entire spread of food on our table.
As I mentioned above, my favorite dish is the Calbi. I haven't found a Korean restaurant that can mess up the marinade for this dish. I also love thinly cut slices of beef that are overly burnt on the barbeque, so that's probably why I like Calbi so much. Yes, that's right, I like my cows really really dead (I HATE the thought of "rare" anything, especially bleeding pieces of steaks -- yuck!). I also love the tea Choga serves -- I could drink it all day and not get sick of it.

No comments: