Wednesday, October 08, 2008

lover's quarrel (or roommate issues)

For the last week, I have been woken up by arguments outside my window - and I live on the third floor! Okay, let me back up...

The "noise" started last Friday, when I heard loud music and drunken people yelling outside my window. It was after midnight, and I was trying for the last hour to go to sleep. Yes, my window was closed, but obviously they're not sound-proof. So in an agitated state, I went over to my window to see where all this ruckus was coming from. The neighbors across the street from my window were apparantly having a little party. They looked like undergrads, and it was a Friday night, so I gave them a pass and went looking through my medicine cabinet for a sleeping pill.

So then the next night, or really it was very early Sunday morning, I woke up to the sound of loud arguing between a girl and a guy. I thought maybe it was 2am or so, but no, it was 5am. That's right, 5 a.m. on a Sunday morning. And they were arguing at the top of their lungs in the middle of the street outside my window. This went on for 20 minutes. It pissed me off, so I got up and went to my window to see what the heck was going on. I was also wondering why these two lovebirds ("Don't go away from me, I love you!") were not arguing inside their home but outside on the street. Didn't their mothers ever tell them "never air your dirty laundry"? Anyway, when I got to the window, I saw the girl hang onto the side of a car, crying and yelling some non-distinct words and the guy in the car drove away. Then she was running after him. Good, take the argument elsewhere so I can go back to sleep.

Two nights later, that's yesterday, they start arguing AGAIN! They're both standing outside their house, across the street from my window, and start yelling at one another. This was around 10pm. Seriously, if you have issues with one another, why the hell are you discussing them outside for the rest of the world to hear? Mainly me, whose precious sleep you are interfering with?!

And guess what? There was another public argument today, just ten minutes ago. Yep, in broad daylight. I was trying to take a nap, so they were - yet again - interfering with my sleep. Today, however, the female voice was different and it turned out to be the girl's mother coming over to yell at the guy. Then the guy called the girl on his phone and continued to yell at the phone.

I've now determined what the spat is all about -- the girl and guy decided to live together but they also have two other roommates, who the girl is not comfortable with the other two guys because they started this loud party on Friday night when she was trying to study. The guy is upset because she doesn't respect him or his friends. And this was a lovely quote from the guy: "If they were two handsome guys playing guitar, you wouldn't have minded if they threw the party. Yes, I know that about you. You just don't like them because they're ugly." Ouch.

I have a soap drama going on outside my window. Still, I wonder WHY THE HECK ARE THEY ARGUING OUTSIDE?? Seriously, privacy not an issue?

Yes, my window is closed the whole time. So imagine just how loud these two lovebirds have to be for their voice to carry up to the third floor window and through a pane of glass!

No comments: