Monday, October 13, 2008

food galore and no rice in sight

A friend invited me and several classmates over to her house for lunch this past Saturday, and this is the spread (apologies for not knowing the true names of these dishes!):
plenty fo chicken wings
some kind of soup
bitter melon!! (yucky!)

mini pork ribs
some kind of crepe dish with eggs and green peppers
more pork ribs, marinated in a different sauce
Quote of the day from lunch: "With all the Asians sitting at this table, I'm very surprised there's no steamed rice."



And some of us knew that the Hostess's birthday is today (Monday) so I bought over a cheesecake sampler with candles that spelled out Happy Birthday. Yes, I know. I incorrectly spelled "birthday" in the picture. It was brought to my attention. Thank you very much.

No comments: