Saturday, November 01, 2008

more Thai food from Thai Place

For my Halloween dinner, I had Thai food again, from the Thai Place in Overland Park, KS. My selection for the night was the Shrimp Pad Kee Mow -- fat rice noodles pan fried with jalapenos, broccolli and peppers. The portion was huge, so I was only able to eat about half the noodles before I started picking out and eating all the veggies and shrimp.
My friend K never had Thai food before, so she chose to try out the Cashew Chicken and rice. She was also talking on the phone when she made this order and wasn't paying attention to my description of how spicy the food could get. She ordered her dish with medium spice. Yeah, she got burned - literally on her tastebuds.
The other dishes that were ordered (and not pictured here) was one of the curries (I don't recall which one). It looked very appetizing, and both ladies who had the dish enjoyed it.
After our Halloween dinner, we continued onward with our evening plans and took part in a dance. All was fun on Hallow's Eve!

No comments: