Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hallmark Visitor Center

If you're ever in KC, you must know that this is the birthplace of Hallmark (you know, all those cards you buy for every occasion?). So being that the headquarters is right smack in KC, Hallmark has a Visitor Center where you can go for a free "tour" and learn all about the history of Hallmark and how it makes its cards. The best part is at the end of the tour (keep reading to find out why).
This is one of Hallmark's earlier creations - Pin the Tail on Mickey.
There was a whole row of Christmas trees that were very creatively designed. This particular one just had all those stained glass circles.
I thought this was weird -- many of the trees had signs at the bottom that said "Merry Christmas Mr. J.C." and I'm thinking to myself "Who's J.C.?" Then I think some more and I come up with "Jesus Christ" and now I'm wondering "Why would you say Merry Christmas directly to Jesus Christ?"
Turns out J.C. isn't Jesus Christ but is the name of the founder of Hallmark, Mr. J.C. Hall. I'm uncertain, but I'm pretty sure I didn't see what J.C. stood for on his name plaque.
More xmas trees.
Okay, here's the best part -- You get to make a bow as your very own souvineer! It's so awesome.
Watch the video below.



So we ended up making four bows because the first time, I was totally awed by it and forgot to take a video. Then the second and third time, I had a dum dum moment and forgot to press the record button. And finally all went right with take #4. If I wasn't so afraid of someone coming by to stop me, I'd stand there and press the button all day just to keep seeing the loop-de-loops forming and the happiness surge I get when the finished bow pops out. =) And this lady is right - Attitude IS Everything!

No comments: