Monday, October 27, 2008

vietnamese buffet

For lunch today, N and I decided to try out the buffet special at Sung Son Vietnamese Restaurant in the Westport area. I had eaten there for dinner a couple of times, and the cuisine was authentic and very tasty. The last time I had dinner there, the owner insisted that I must come back and try their lunch buffet because they serve a whole variety of Vietnamese food and there was a variety in the noodle bar too.
I didn't take a picture of the buffet line because I didnt want people to think I'm crazy. I'm beginning to think my friends are labeling the "cuckoo" word on me because I'm always stopping them from eating until I get my pictures. Anyhow, the photo above is my SECOND plate of food. Yep, second. I was so hungry, I forgot to take a picture of the first plate.

So, on my second plate of food, you can see an eggroll, crab rangoon, fried rice, General Tsao's chicken and fried sweet potato sticks. Yeah yeah, so it looks mostly like Chinese food, but you gotta read on...
From the noodle bar, I chose the Seafood Pho for my third plate...um bowl...of food. It was a nicely sized portion because I still had room left over for some more food. The beef broth was really tasty and the seafood was fresh. There was a server at the noodle bar to prepare each bowl of noodle soup that was ordered, so it wasn't like there was a giant pot of Pho that everyone was taking from.

And to my amazement, I was able to put in a fourth plate...or more precisely half of a fourth plate, into my maw. I really liked the spring rolls, so I had to fit in another two rolls before rolling myself out of the restaurant.
The buffet costs $8.99 per person, and I think the times are from 11:30 until 1:30. So if you could sit and eat for 2 straight hours, that's a pretty good deal for the yummy variety!

No comments: