Tuesday, September 29, 2009

nutella peanut butter pillows

So, next on my cookie trials are the Nutella Peanut Butter Pillows, as showcased deliciously by The Cookie Blog. (Mine looks a little different because I forgot to buy peanuts for the topping). Click here for the full recipe.


At first glance, these may just look like normal peanut butter cookies, but there is a nutella treat inside! Thus, the name "pillows" because the peanut butter is a cushion around the nutella center.

I just have to say that making these cookies took FOREVER. The part that took the longest was rolling the nutella filling into individual balls. As I kept forming each ball, my hands would get stickier and stickier with the nutella filling. I think the heat from my heats just made the filling even more stickier, no matter how much powdered sugar I added to make the filling less sticky. I think most of the nutella filling ended up on my hands (and therefore in my stomach) by the time I finished forming all the nutella balls. (I had to wash my hands to rid of the nutella before being able to take the picture below.)

Then I had to form balls out of the peanut butter dough, flatten it to add the nutella ball in the center, cover the nutella and form a ball again, only to flatten it out once more on the cookie sheet. Let's just say it was a very long process.

And I was very surprised as to how large the cookies expanded once they were in the oven. I thought maybe I somehow super-sized my cookies without knowing it.

And there is the nutella center between the peanut butter cookie.
I had the same problem that I couldn't quite taste the nutella in the cookies (like I couldn't taste the mint in the mint chocolate chip cookies). However, my roomie and other taste testers (L, S & AL) all said the cookies were full of yumminess.

The funny part about this whole ordeal is that I was wondering why I didn't start moaning in ecstasy upon eating these cookies, even if I couldn't taste the nutella. It's because after eating three of these nutella peanut butter pillows, I realized that I never did like peanut butter cookies very much in the first place. What a hoot!

Next up: World Peace Cookies (cookies that are so good that it would bring world peace).

No comments: