Thursday, September 03, 2009

big mac cravings

Every once in a long while, like maybe once a year, I'll have a craving for McDonalds.

Last Saturday, the craving struck again and I really really wanted a Big Mac. There was also a coupon for $2 Big Mac so I went and took advantage of the coupon opportunity.

There was also a giant sign on the storefront window advertising "$1 Large Sweet Tea." Now, I've heard of Southerners complain about how they can't get no "sweet tea" in Boston, New York, etc., and that adding sugar to regular iced tea is not "sweet tea". I was one of those ignorant Yankees who would have told you to just add sugar to ice tea and you'd get sweet tea.

Apparently, "sweet tea" is made by adding sugar to tea while it's HOT, that way the sugar dissolves properly into the tea. Then the hot tea is cooled down and ice is added thereafter to make iced sweet tea.

Okay, so I got my Big Mac and my large Sweet Tea. Oh boy the sweet tea was really sweet! It was like drinking sugar water with a bit of tea added to it. As I am a person with a really bad sweet tooth, I am now a fan of sweet tea. Oh, and the Big Mac was pretty good too. It hit the spot, but then I felt guilty for eating such terrible food. I didn't feel guilty too long though, because I went and bought a bag of chocolate chip cookies from Safeway and had one on the walk home. Yep, that's the way I roll.

No comments: