Tuesday, September 22, 2009

mint-chocolate chip cookies

L suggested this website to me: The Cookie Blog. As I was reading it one day, the author showcased fresh mint chocolate chip cookies. So guess what? I had to try it out.

So, what's the verdict?

I cannot taste the mint. At all. I even tried out several cookies, searching for ones with the most green flecks. Nada. Not a hint of mint. It just tasted like a normal chocolate chip cookie to me.

My roommate, on the other hand, says she could smell the mint coming from the cookies AND she could taste the mint.

L says she could taste a subtle hint to the mint and that it was definitely not as strong as using peppermint extract.

All three of us agreed that the cookies were delicious. Good thing I still have a dozen cookies left from my Sunday baking!

Here's the link to the recipe.

Here's the link to The Cookie Blog.

No comments: