Saturday, September 19, 2009

cupcakes cupcakes

Every time I am on the bus and it drives through Georgetown on M Street, I always see a line of people waiting in front of Georgetown Cupcake. It made me wonder how good the cupcakes were for people to wait in a line that is out the door and down the street. So today, I finally made it over to Georgetown. We browsed the shops and then had to get ourselves some cupcakes to fuel our energy for some more shopping.

And yes, there was a line, although it was a shorter line than usual.
At this point, I'm still in line and I haven't seen the inside of the store yet. I'm not even sure what the selections of cupcakes are so I can't even make a decision as to what one cupcake I should buy. I think we waited about ten minutes in line before we were able to get in the door.
I see the cupcakes!! Lots and lots of cupcakes!!
Yummy cupcakes....mmmm!
So what did I get?
A caramel apple cupcake and a coconut chocolate cupcake (to share with AL of course). AND the price was not that bad, only $2.75 a cupcake!
OH. MY. GOODNESS. Both cupcakes were sooooooo moist and the frosting was mmm mmm good. The caramel apple cupcake had a caramel center. Whatever was in the frosting, it was like apples and cinnamon. The coconut frosting was yummy too.
And just as a side note, Georgetown Cupcake donated all of the profits from today's cupcake sales to charity (some cancer group that I forgot the name of). So you see, my sweet tooth contributed to charity today. I think I need to donate some more to charity and get myself some more cupcakes. There's about six other flavors I want to try!

No comments: