Monday, January 12, 2009

Red Lobster

One day after a shopping spree extravaganza, CC and I wanted to have dinner. Since we were just driving around thinking of where to get dinner, we saw Red Lobster and decided to go there and try it out. People, it was like 5pm and yet there was already a long line of people waiting - the wait was 60 minutes. Screw that, we went elsewhere.

So, we made a point to go back to Red Lobster and try it out again because I had never eaten there, although it has been a household name. This time around, we went for lunch on a Saturday exactly at noon, and was promptly seated. As soon as our salads arrived, however, we saw a long line forming at the door.
This was the house salad with ranch dressing.
This was the oh so yummy and buttery biscuits that had tiny pieces of cheese mixed/baked into it. There was also a hint of garlic to the taste.
CC ordered the lunch special of the wood grilled mahi-mahi with a side of mashed potatoes. The broccoli was an additional surprise. She doesn't like broccoli. I had a bite of the mahi-mahi and it was grilled perfectly, but could have used a little more sauce (there was a light oil sprinkled on top).
I had the lunch special of grilled salmon with special shrimp sauce, and a side of broccoli. I don't know why I got two portions of broccoli, but I ate it all, even though I hate broccoli. I ate it all because The Boy told me broccoli is filling so I figured I won't be hungry soon after if I ate all my broccoli. The salmon was grilled perfectly, and the special alfredo sauce added a nice citrus taste (perhaps the citrus was more from the lemon than the sauce). I normally don't like cream based sauces, but this one didn't upset my stomach.

Not a bad experience overall. Although, there was a pretty good selection of drinks, so if we ever go to Red Lobster again, during dinner, I might be easily persuaded in trying the Berry Mango Daquiri for dessert. Oh yeah, I really do have to try the warm chocolate chip lava cookie dessert next time too.

No comments: