Friday, January 16, 2009

first snow of 2009

So I got a big surprise this morning when I looked out the window:
Yep, snow...and lots of it. It's been really REALLY cold here in KC, with temps dropping below 10 degrees. And it was all the more deceiving with the freezing cold because whenever I looked outside a window, there were clear skies and sunshine.
At least now the snow kinda justifies the 10 degree weather. I have to admit though, I thought it actually felt warmer today than it did yesterday. Or it might have been the fact that I switched to a longer coat and was wearing snow boots.
This picture above is of the terrace outside the law school. In warmer weather, students would congregate out here to smoke, eat lunch or do homework. I thought it was a pretty picture with the untouched snow. However, I just now noticed that there are no table tops on any of the tables. I forgot the law school is in the process of getting new table tops to put on them.
To everyone living in an area with cold weather (this excludes all you peeps from CA who's been "suffering" from the heat wave), I hope each of you are staying warm in your neck of the winter woods.

No comments: