Monday, January 26, 2009

KCCA Spring Festival Show

As I mentioned a couple posts ago, I went to see a friend play her guzheng in a lunar new year show. This centered mostly around the Chinese traditions for the Spring Festival (obviously because it was organized by the KCCA - Kansas City CHINESE Association), but it brought back memories of when I was a young girl doing the fan dance for the lunar new year shows.

Anyway, here are my videos from the show:

Opening dance (the little girls were sooooo cute!):


My friend, J, playing the guzheng (part 1 - because my arm was tired and I had to reposition):


J playing the guzheng (part 2 - the rest of the song):


Cute little kids demonstrating Kung Fu -- Kung Fu KIDS!:


Monkey Kung Fu Dance:


Students from the Confucius School of Language singing a Chinese song that I recognize but don't know the title of (the students consisted of both Chinese speaking and non-Asian folk):


Mongolian Dance:


Chinese Instruments - Part 1:


Chinese Instruments - Part 2:


Chinese Fan Dance (extra special fans!):


A Chinese lead singer, with backup singers, singing "Turn Back Old Man":


The show's grand finale performance was a cultural fashion show depicting Chinese fashion through the ages. This clip here is the part of the show that reflects the fashions of the 1980s - ohmygosh it was hilarious that the depiction included fros!


End of Show!

No comments: