Tuesday, January 20, 2009

camera phone images

When I don't have my trusty Canon digital camera on me, I resort to the "back up" in using my cell phone's digital camera capabilities. The only problem with using my cell phone to take pictures is that I end up forgetting about the pictures I take. For instance:

This picture above is of the dessert tray at M&S Grill. I think this was taken during a happy hour outing back in November. Sadly, we didn't have any of the desserts, but I just wanted a picture of the whole tray, and I was trying to be sneaky with the picture because I thought the waiter didn't want me to take the picture in the first place... so I was pretending to look in the mirror of my LG Shine when I took the image of these desserts. From my memory, I think the selection of desserts included: New York Cheesecake (tried it); Velvet Cake (tried the cupcake version); Chocolate Molten Cake (haven't tried it); Boston Creme Pie (tried it); Apple Pie (tried it at the other location); Chocolate Sundae with Hazelnut Truffles (tried it - really yummy!); and the last item looks like Carrot Cake but I'm not quite sure about that (obviously, haven't tried it).


This next image is of Bear, one of L & G's three dogs. I think this was taken during my Christmas break when I spent two weeks trying to get over a nasty cold while at the same time doing every body else's Christmas shopping. Bear gets into this position many times, however, everytime I attempt to run to get my camera to take a photo, he moves. I remember I had my phone in my hand when I noticed Bear lying like this. So without moving a step, I switched on the digital camera, pointed and shot the picture.


Here's one of my favorite images - a #3 without onions at In-N-Out Burger (a #3 combo is a hamburger with fries and a medium drink). I LOVE In-N-Out because the size of its burger is the perfect portion for me. And plus the fries are made fresh, super crunchy and always satisfies my salt cravings (probably because I always add more salt).

Anyway, I remember when I took this picture. It was also during Christmas break and I had been sick with the nasty cold all week. The Boy had wondered why I hadn't yet visited In-N-Out since my arrival in Nor. Cal. and I said I was too busy running around doing his errands. Well, since he reminded me about In-N-Out, I made a point to stop over there for some lunch.

It was the saddest meal of my life. Why? Because I couldn't enjoy it due to the nasty cold. I couldn't really taste anything, and my stomach was not wanting any part of this meal -- so I couldn't even finish the burger and even had to throw away half the fries. See how sad that meal was? And now I really want some In-N-Out fries.


This last photo was to show The Boy what a ghetto place he made me go to in order to fix his mistake. Long story short, we borrowed G's van so The Boy could transport a giant roll of carpet. During this trip, The Boy broke the front windshield when he kept pushing the roll of carpet to fit it inside the van. So, in looking up places to fix the windshield, I happend upon an auto glass repair shop owned by Vietnamese people. The man on the phone somehow figured out I was Vietnamese by just listening to the sound of my voice, which was really odd because I had completely lost my voice due to the nasty cold and I was really straining to get any sound over the phone. I guess I sound more Vietnamese when I don't have a voice. Anyhoo, he quoted me a price and then gave me a Vietnamese discount so we ended up deciding to go to this Vietnamese place to get the windshield fixed.

This image is of the "office" at the auto glass repair shop. It's a garage in a building where I assume his wife owned the nail salon at the front of the building (what a surprise that there's a nail salon owned by Vietnamese people). It was pouring rain on the day I brought the van in to get fixed, and the owner/repair guy had me sitting on his couch in this converted garage-to-office space with the door wide open. There was a flat screen tv but it wasn't turned on. His wife later came through a door and told me to go wait in the nail salon where it was warmer. At the time, I thought the image of this garage/office space was just very funny and I had to take a picture of it.

I think that makes me caught up with camera phone pictures.

No comments: