Sunday, January 25, 2009

barbeque goodness

We were over on the Kansas side of the state line yesterday for a Lunar New Year's show (more to come) and since the show didn't start for another two hours (our driver was a performer in the show and had to be at the location early), the rest of our party decided to go find some dinner. We just drove down the street and saw a McDonalds, joked about it, and then saw KC Masterpiece Restaurant & Grill right next to it. Barbeque it was!

We each ordered a half slab of the classic ribs. I tried to be good and decided to order some healthier sides, as evidenced by the green beans above. Not sure how healthy creamed corn is though...

Anyway -- OHMYGOSH these ribs were SOOOO GOOOD! The bone literally just falls off the meat. I picked up a rib by the bone and the meat just fell off. The meat was so tender and juicy. I added extra KC Masterpiece Hot & Spicy sauce onto my ribs too. A half slab is only six ribs, and I wanted to control myself and perhaps eat only half of it, because you know, I'm on a diet and trying to lose weight and all. That plan went out the window after the first two ribs. The ribs were so good, I just HAD to eat it all. Would be such a waste to eat it later.

I finished the green beans though! I should have been rewarded with dessert for that accomplishment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha...I knew you couldn't resist delicious food! I got "hurt" when you showed me the picture right before I had my pizza which at that time I had no idea whether they served or not, and now I got "hurt" again....because it's 1 AM, 6 hours since I had my dinner tonight...should've gone to bed earlier or ignored your link...anyway, gotta find something to stuff my empty stomach.