Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Mixx

Upon my return to the freezing cold weather of Kansas City, J picked me up from the airport and we decided to stop for lunch before heading back to my apartment. Lunch was at The Mixx, a sort of high-end salad/sandwich place (high-end because it's on the pricier side but the portions are large). There is a large selection of really tasty salads, and they'll even toss a salad of whatever you want in your salad.
We were lazy, so we just ordered from pre-designed salad menu. J had the "Hail Caesar" chicken salad, which consisted of romaine lettuce, crunchy croutons and parmesan cheese tossed with Caesar dressing. Oh yeah, and chicken.
I had the Thai Salmon Salad, with grilled salmon, wild field greens, carrots, cucumbers, edamame and sesame seeds tossed with Asian sesame vinaigrette and topped with Thai chili sauce.

See how big the portions are? And even though all I had was a muffin before getting on the plane in Oakland, I was hungry enough to eat a horse but still couldn't finish the bowl of salad. I think we both only ate a little over 2/3 of our salads.

The club sandwich is really good too, especially with their crunchy french fries.

No comments: