Sunday, January 11, 2009

momma's lasagna

No, this isn't my mother's lasagna. My mother probably doesn't even know what lasagna is.

Anyway, this is The Boy's favorite dish, his mother's lasagna, which she wouldn't share the recipe with me, but I know that there's ground beef, cottage cheese and spinach in it. I'm pretty sure I saw bags of mozzerella cheese too, so it probably is mozzerella on top.

The entire time I was helping The Boy's mother prepare the lasagna, The Boy himself kept yelling "I smell garlic! No garlic! I hate garlic!" Both his mother and I wanted to smack him to shut up, because how can he say he hates garlic and also demand garlic bread at dinner? He then specified that he doesn't like CHUNKS of garlic, so we managed to really mince up the garlic and put some into the lasagna, and of course the garlic bread.

Note to self - finely mince garlic before adding to any food that The Boy eats.
I had a heaping portion of the lasagna, accompanied with salad and garlic bread. This was the last home cooked meal I had before leaving SF to return to KC. How I wish I was back in Cali, but hey, only four more months and then I will be DONE!

No comments: