Saturday, September 27, 2008

Maroon 5 & Counting Crows

Maroon 5 & the Counting Crows were in town on Friday for a stop on their tour. Augustana (up and coming new group?) opened up the show and they were pretty cool. Here are some pictures of the concert:
Counting Crows above and below. I must admit that I have not heard many of their songs, and they only played songs from their new album. So, while it was cool and all, I was not familiar with the music. Everyone else around me enjoyed them though. I did figure out from this concert that the majority of Counting Crows band mates originated from northern California.

Maroon 5
Maroon 5's light show during their set was awesome. The only bad part was that their set lasted only an hour! Such a disappointment. BUT they did make it up, I suppose. The lead singer, Mickey, actually gave his guitar away to some lucky member of the audience in the front row. I kid you not. I don't know how to play a guitar but when I saw him handing his guitar to some lucky person in the audience, I wanted to be that person. WOW. What a story that would be. How many people can go around saying, "The lead singer of Maroon 5 gave me his guitar!"
Here's a video of the Counting Crows closing up their set and telling everyone that nobody is lip synching on the stage that night:



I also have some videos of Maroon 5, but YouTube is giving me problems with uploading and Blogger is not any better. Will post as I as soon as technology cooperates with me.

No comments: