Friday, September 19, 2008

art fair food

The Plaza Art Fair kicked off its 3-day weekend event tonight, so I headed on over to see some art and of course, eat some food. The art fair started at 5pm, so by the time I walked over there and did some quick window shopping, I was ravenous. After walking up and down the street to see what each food vendor was selling, I finally settled on one of my favorites: M&S Grill. Why is it my favorite?

A 10 oz Angus Cheeseburger for $1.95! That burger was HUGE! Unfortunately, there was no ketchup in sight and I like to drown my burgers in ketchup. Other than that, it was pretty tasty. I also had my favorite mixed drink of all time, a So-Cal Strawberry Lemonade ($7 but so worth it and the bartender made my day by asking for my ID).

After we walked off dinner, we were in search of dessert. We saw this sign below, so we decided to get one to see what the heck is a Chocolate Bag Cone.
And this is what we got. I still don't understand the "bag" part.
Okay, since this is about the art fair, I suppose I should put up some pictures of the art. I'm pretty sure most artists are very sensitive about having people take picture of their art, so I was really only able to take pictures of art pieces where I couldn't see it's artist anywhere in sight.
No, this lady was not giving me a hard time about taking the pictures. This lady isn't even a real lady. Pinky is a piece of art. From far away, I thought Pinky was actually the artist. Then we got up close and realized she's not even human. Doesn't she look so real? You should see how life-like her skin looked. The sign said that Pinky is made out of resin (sp?) and covered in 15 layers of oil paint. Impressive.


This collection is one of my favorites this year. It's just so cool that someone can make art out of ordinary things you can find around a Home Depot (or maybe your garage).



My favorite is this turtle -- so cute!

No comments: