Sunday, September 21, 2008

comfort food goodness

What do you get when you...
...combine Kraft Mac & Cheese with turkey hot dogs?
"Macaroni and cheese with cut-up hot dogs" of course!
If you're not a Friends fanatic, then you probably didn't catch the reference to "cut up hot dogs." Monica was trying to make up to Chandler for being an insensitive girlfriend when she forgot about making a Valentine's Day present and gave him a sock bunny. Chandler forgot about making the present too, but he found a mixed tape in his closet and Monica was really touched by the idea. So she decided to make his favorite meal - macaroni and cheese with cut up hot dog. Then she listened to the mixed tape and Janice's voice broke the romantic mood...
***
Anyway, I was not trying to butter up anyone, let alone The Boy, but all I had in my fridge were some turkey dogs that I needed to eat quick or get rid of. I found a box of mac & cheese in the cupboard and voila! There was my dinner.
***
A personal note about mac & cheese -- I hate the kind of mac & cheese that comes with the powdered package of cheese (the kind where you have to add milk and/or water to turn the powder into cheese). The powdered cheese never tasted good to me and I had never liked it when I had to make it for the kids I used to babysit.
***
Then I discovered the box of mac & cheese that comes with real cheese in the packet and have started to love this kind of mac & cheese ever since. The Velvetta brand "shells and cheese" is pretty good too because it also comes with real cheese. No more powdered cheese for me!

No comments: