Thursday, September 18, 2008

cooking creation

Not wanting to nuke a frozen meal today, I concocted this dish for lunch/dinner:

1. Boiling soba noodles as a replacement for steamed rice (and also because I was too hungry to wait for the rice to cook and soba noodles don't take as long to cook).

2. Sautee slices of beef together with garlic and greenbeans. Add some fish sauce and sweet soy sauce for taste. I added some crushed red peppers for some kick.

3. Optional ingredient: Pickled radish (typically a Korean side item). Put soba in bowl, beef with green beans on top of the soba, pickled radish on top of that, and voila! Lunch, or in my case, also dinner later on because I can't cook just a serving of one. The red is Rooster sauce, which I added for some additional kick.
4. Commence eating and enjoy.

No comments: