Saturday, September 13, 2008

good food bad service

First, I just want to say that it's been raining cats and dogs here and I would really appreciate it if Mother Nature could just stop the water works and let the sun come out to play, that'd be nice. Thank you!
...
Now that's out of the way, buckets of rain didn't stop us from going out to eat. I had dinner with a few friends last night at this little restaurant near the River Market (or City Market or Farmer's Market). The restaurant, Cafe Al Dente, was a favorite of N & M's, so they wanted to share with us their Friday night dinner spot.
...
Short review of this place -- Bad service, but really really good food.
...
After the waitress took our order, I think we waited over half an hour before she came out with our food and wanted to give it away to another table. She was carrying two plates of pasta so I thought it was our food and jokingly said "That's our food!" not realizing how loud I said it. Little did we realize, she really was trying to give our food away to another table. N & M did warn us the customer service was lacking.

Since I already had pizza for the day, I wanted something else, so my choice was the Lasagna, with three different kinds of cheeses and meat. Plus, really crunchy garlic bread. The lasagna was so good that I forgot to take a picture of the layers. I was just really hungry and when I realized I didn't have a picture of the layered lasagna, I had already eaten most of it. I cleaned the plate, sauce and all.
C had the shrimp alfredo, which looks really good except that I just don't like creamy sauces. But C said she enjoyed it. The shrimp were very large in size, which is surprising to me because I've never seen a non-Asian restaurant serve shrimp that is this big. It's usually on the small side.
N & M had their usual, an Endzone pizza, which is "the best vegetarian pizza ever!" The crust was thin and the toppings itself actually looked yummy. If I wasn't so stuffed from my lasagna, I would have tried some of the pizza. Oh well, another reason to come back to Cafe Al Denta (if I can put up with the lack of service).


No comments: