Thursday, September 25, 2008

craving a sandwich

I don't have any exciting new restuarant food to show here, or even any new food creations of my own.

I was looking through my photos and found some food pics I forgot to post about over the summer.

I love Vietnamese sandwiches. I've been on the hunt to find the perfect sandwich that is similar too (or even better) than the ones I grew up eating in Boston. So far, I haven't found anything remotely close. But, this sandwich here, however, is very good on a completely different level. It's a barbeque chicken sandwich with all the fillings, and if I can recall the exact name of the little cafe that serves it, I'd tell you. If you're in SF, I can tell you exactly where it's located. =)

Anyway, this sandwich is good because it uses the traditional french roll (although I think the rolls are on the skinny side, which makes it kinda better) and is super spicy, just the way I like it. The barbeque chicken has a little spice to it, but it's marinated so well that the chicken is just full of flavor. There's also the light spread of the Vietnamese homemade butter/mayo spread (can't really explain, you just have to taste it) and a decent heaping of pickled daikon and carrots. Cilantro and cucumber on top, plus extra jalepenos (optional).

*Sigh* I want a Vietnamese sandwich now. Beats the Smart Ones I'm currently eating.

No comments: