Sunday, July 13, 2008

toast

The Boy took me out to lunch before he had to go to work today. We decided to walk to a local cafe and ended up at Toast Eatery. He wanted to try this place out because there is always a long line of people waiting outside, so it must be good to have all those people waiting.
...
And boy were people waiting. There's a sign-up sheet at the door, and we were like 15th on the list. It wasn't too long of a wait though, probably only 15 minutes for us today. The place itself is pretty small and cramped, but there's also outside seating and it was a corner resturant so there were two sidewalks to plate tables and chairs. Although it was sunny day and I would have enjoyed sitting outside, we got an indoor table when our name came up, and since The Boy was starving, we sat inside when they called us.


We ordered the "Nutella Madness" - a short stack of pancake with nutella, bananas and powdered suger. The Boy added syrup to it too. Can someone say sugar high? I love peanut butter nutella and banana sandwiches, so this Nutella Madness pancake dish was just right up my alley. If they could have spread some peanut butter on there, it might have been even better.
...
The other dish we ordered was the BLTA with french fries. The bacon was extra thick and extra crispy, just the way I like it. The french fries were extra cripsy too.

After a half hour of eating, we both had to stop because we were so full. As shown below, we could only finish half of the Nutella Madness and we were only able to finish one half of the BLTA (probably because I filled my gut with fries).
So there were leftovers for me to take home as The Boy sped off to work. And while he was slaving away at deposition transcripts, I had myself some Nutella pancakes for dinner.

It's a good thing that I walk the hills twice a day, five days a week. Otherwise, I think I'd blow up like a balloon.

No comments: