Sunday, July 13, 2008

dog eats cupcakes

One of my favorite bakeries is Teacake Bake Shop, in Emeryville, CA. I especially love their specialty cupcakes. So everytime I'm in the neighborhood, I make a point to stop by Teacake for some cupcakes.
There was also another reason why I purchased these cupcakes -- I wanted to give The Boy a nice little surprise treat when he got home from work (yes, he worked all day on Saturday and is currently working as I type). The Boy has been working long hours for a trial so I thought I'd cheer him up with some cupcakes. When I told him I got the cupcakes, he was excited and couldn't wait to come home to eat them with me.
The pretty little box holding the yummy yummy cupcakes.
Aren't they pretty? Looks sooooo sweet and delicious too!
My selection of cupcakes included: left - peanut butter chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream; right -- pink velvet cake with cream cheese frosting...
...left -- Madagascar Bourbon vanilla cake with chocolate buttercream; and right -- banana chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream.
...
Okay, normally at this point in the post I would start describing how I devoured the cupcakes and ended up with chocolate frosting all over my face. And since I bought them as a pick-me-up gift for The Boy, I'd describe how he would only take a bite of each cupcake to taste, and then he would let me eat the rest. I did eat one cupcakte, the vanilla one because it was the most boring of the bunch and I needed a snack. Vanilla is vanilla, but the chocolate buttercream was to die for -- it wasn't too sweet or rich.
...
Unfortunately, I can't tell you how the other specialty cupcakes tasted because the dog below ate it all. Seriously. The dog ate my cupcakes.
This is Lexi, beloved dog belonging to one of The Boy's aunts who was visiting this weekend. The remaining three cupcakes (peanut butter chocolate, banana chocolate and pink velvet) were inside the box. The box was closed and inside the bag. The bag was sitting on top of a dresser that was about knee high.

I must not have pulled shut my door, because the next thing I hear is The Boy's baby cousin yelling "[Q-PIG]!!! There's someone in your room!"

I run to my room and see Lexi standing on my bed with her nose in the Teacake shopping bag. I let out a scream: "YOU ATE MY CUPCAKES?!?!?!" Lexi still had not gotten her muzzle out of the bag so I shooed her off my bed and examined the damage. The pink velvet cupcake was completely gone -- cupcake paper and all. The frosting no longer existed on either of the other cupcakes and Lexi had started biting into one of the two remaining cupcakes.

Needless to say, I was a tad pissed off. Just a tad. But what can you do?

The Boy later called me to give me a heads up on when to expect him to come home from work so we could watch a DVD together and eat the cupcakes. Sadly I told him, "Honey, the dog ate your cupcakes."

No comments: