Sunday, July 20, 2008

that is not a chocolate bar

The Boy and I were driving down to one of his baseball games today and he needed to eat something before his game. His choice of food was this powerbar. (I had fluffy pancakes and a deliciously sweet mango for breakfast - sooo much better than this powerbar, but according to him, one can't fill up on pancakes before a game.)
The Boy took a bite of this powerbar and commented with surprise, "Wow, this is a really tasty powerbar. It tastes like a real chocolate bar."

I look at him suspiciously because no powerbar ever tastes good, and so I ask, skeptically, "Really? It's that good?"

The Boy: "Yeah, just like a real chocolate bar. Wanna try?" Then he holds out the powerbar for me to bite (because I'm driving) and I take a nice chunk of a bite because he said it tasted like 'a real chocolate bar.'
I made a face with a look of disgust as soon as that chunk of a powerbar touched my tongue. Still grimacing, but still chewing the damn thing, I ask The Boy - "What the hell kind of chocolate bar do you normally eat?!"

The Boy responds: "Well, this one is a lot better tasting than all of the other powerbars that I usually eat. If it tastes good, then it's not healthy for you. And powerbars are not supposed to taste good, but this one tastes really really good."

Poor guy, he doesn't know what real chocolate is anymore. We need to do something about that. Like feed him Ghiradelli's newest creation - Milk Chocolate with Peanut Butter Filling.

No comments: