Friday, July 25, 2008

scary lady in the window

Every morning on my descent down the hill towards BART, this head bust in the window scares the daylights out of me.
You would think that after the first few times, I'd get used to it and would "know" that it was coming up on my walk, therefore making it less of a surprise each time I see it. Nope, not the case. I still jump back whenever I look up and see the mannequin in the window. It's probably because whoever owns it changes the hat every few days, so it looks like a new lady is always looking out at me.
Something else happened that almost made me shit my pants -- as soon as I finished taking this picture, an actual person from within the house opened the front door and looked at me. The moment I heard the door open, I thought the mannequin came to life and was coming out to get me. The lady was still in her hair net, with curlers and all, and was not quite put together just yet. She scared me so much, I mumbled something like "I'm sorry, I just wanted a picture of the mannequin" and ran away as fast as I could without rolling down the hill.

Now I'm really terrified that the real lady will sit in the window looking out for me when I come walking down the hill, and at the very moment I turn to look for the mannequin, the real lady will jump up and go "BOO!"

No comments: