Sunday, July 27, 2008

gorging on dim sum

A friend took me out to brunch on Saturday at her favorite local dim sum joint. I'd tell you the name of the restaurant, but the only thing I remember about it was that it had "Hong Kong" in it. We got there at 10:30am and there was already a line. However, we were seatedly quickly, and instead of waiting for the servers to walk around and shouting out the name of the dish on their trays, we just selected what we wanted from a list and waited for the food to come to us.

As usual, I ate way too much too much dim sum, more than I should have eaten, but it was yuuuummmmmy.
BBQ Pork Turnovers
Shrimp Dumplings (ha gau)
Pork Dumplings (siu mai), Braised Pork Ribs, my favorite chicken delicacy Fung Chao (braised chicken feet for those not faint of heart or stomach)
Shrimp and Scallion Dumplings
Sticky Rice in Lotus Leaf
We also had some Egg Custard Tarts (Portugal style - with caramelized sugar on top) and I ordered some baked pork buns to go (for The Boy), but I think I was so full from eating all the above that I forgot to take a picture of the tarts and buns.
Yummy!

No comments: