Thursday, February 05, 2009

Blue Koi

With a new semester comes new classes and thus new schedules. In other words, no more International Tuesdays (a bunch of us would go to dinner after our transnational litigation and arbitration class).

We had a little reunion of sorts tonight with the same group of peeps who took part in International Tuesdays. The dinner spot tonight was Blue Koi, a modern noodle and dumpling place in Kansas City. I say "modern" because the place was decorated nicely with modern art and the layout of the restaurant was also on the modern side.
My selection for the night was the Braised Tofu and Shitake with rice. I haven't been eating a lot of rice at home because I'm just too lazy to cook rice, and most of the time I'm too hungry to wait for the rice to cook. So I've been having major cravings for rice.

The dish sounded like it would be good. The actual taste of it was "eh". It was okay, wasn't the best. It was a bit on the greasy side, but I got my fill of rice and the shitake mushrooms were really good. I think I added a bit too much rooster sauce on top, so it was a little on the spicy side for me. Other than the spiciness that I created, the actual sauce (braise sauce?) tasted more like oyster sauce to me, which is a little saltier than what I expected (sweet). I ate most of the dish anyway.


The other dish I was able to take a picture of was AM's Seafood Noodle Soup. It looks yummy. AM ate it all. So all I can assume is that it was yummy. After I took this picture, A discovered more seafood buried under the noodles.

CSC (too many friends with names starting with C) ordered the Shanghai Wonton Noodle Soup, and it looked even yummier than the Seafood Noodle Soup. I should have taken a picture of his dish, but he was sitting far away from me and also near a "guest" who is not accustomed to me taking pictures of all the food, so I didn't want to say "YOU CAN'T EAT UNTIL I TAKE A PICTURE" like I usually do. I'm so thankful my friends still like me after knowing how picture crazy I get for this blog.

Overall, Blue Koi is okay, even if it was a bit on the pricey side for a meal that was not family style. I think I will definitely try one of thier soups next time.



And if you're wondering if there are still Awesome Pizza Fridays, yes we still have that day but now it's entitled Awesome Pizza Fridays on Thursdays (due to it being a new semester that comes with new schedules).

No comments: