Monday, February 23, 2009

larry the lobster

The Boy took me out to our favorite Chinese restaurant, Koi Palace, and let me ordered lobster! So all night, he was saying that I was heartless in my enjoyment of "Larry the lobster." I don't know why he came up with the name of Larry for the lobster, but he was ready to call the crab Charlie had I decided to order a crab instead!
Anyway, we also ordered our usual Honey Walnut Prawns and Chicken Chow Fun. I looooovvveee the honey walnut prawns, and oh how I miss this dish every time I'm in KC. I have not found a place that makes it better than Koi Palace.

The Boy also wanted an order of Potstickers, which he ate five out of the six served - a surprise even to him. I was saving my stomach space for Larry the lobster because The Boy doesn't eat lobster.
And here's Larry, ginger and scallion style. I estimate that it was about a little less than a one pound lobster. It was soooooo finger licking good. I can't remember the last time I had lobster, so I was trying to savour every bite. I think it took me about a half hour to finish the dish. I was making a pile of the empty shells, but the waiter switched out my plate for a clean one when the pile of shells started to topple over. They have really attentive wait staff at Koi Palace.

No comments: