Monday, February 23, 2009

weekend eats

Here are some food pics from my last few days of Spring Break in San Francisco. This was actually at a Chili's in Vacaville, which is still NorCal area.

Anywhoo, as I said, this is lunch at Chili's Grill & Bar.
The Boy wanted variety so he ordered two appetizers: Classic Nachos and Big Mouth Bites. Of course, he shared his variety with me and I did the same with my chicken tenders below. I like to eat a ton of jalapenos so it was a bit disappointing that there was only one jalapeno per nacho chip. The Big Mouth Bites were really good, minus the onion rings of course.

The Boy's sister had the turkey sandwich and soup combo (shown above). She helped eat the onion rings on The Boy's plate.

I had the chicken tenders which came with fries and corn on the cob. The chicken tenders were disappointing to me because I was expecting something that was a little more breaded. The honey mustard sauce wasn't that exciting either. So I ate most of the fries and the entire corn on the cob (and managed not to get too much stuff stuck to my teeth!). Good thing I was able to supplement with The Boy's appetizers. Otherwise, I would have still been hungry.
Now, here is a good plate of chicken tenders and fries, from BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse. This is the kind of breaded chicken tenders that I like, and the skinny fries were super crispy. And whatever they put into their honey mustard sauce is to die for. I would probably enjoy swimming around in that honey mustard sauce. Mmm-mmm.

No comments: