Friday, February 06, 2009

Baby Cakes

Where could this sign possibly lead to?

Well, if you must know, it leads to Baby Cakes, a gourmet cupcake store in KC!!!!! I'm so excited to know I can find overpriced cupcakes in KC too! Only it's about 75 cents cheaper a cupcake here, than it is at Teacake Bake Shop in Emeryville and Kara's Cupcakes in SF (because some people would say you're insane for paying $3.50 a cupcake).




Look at their selection of cupcakes!! I wanted to buy one of each and stuff it all into my mouth.
It was really hard to choose, but I succeeded at being disciplined enough not to buy the store out of their cupcakes, so I chose only two - a chocolate cupcake with buttercream frosting and a chocolate cupcake with peanut butter buttercream frosting.

It was my roomie's birthday this past Wednesday, so I saved the chocolate buttercream cupcake for the roomie. She's not home at the moment, so I hope I have enough will power to leave her cupcake alone until she gets home.

I ate the chocolate peanut butter buttercream cupcake. OH MY GOSH THIS IS WHAT HEAVEN MUST BE LIKE! The chocolate cake was not overly sweet but just enough of chocolate flavor, and the cake itself was nice and moist. The peanut butter frosting was smooth with its peanut buttery taste. I think it only took me two bites to finish the cupcake.

And as I sit here reflecting upon the sumptuousness of that chocolate cupcake with peanut butter buttercream frosting, I remember the peanut butter recall in effect and think to myself: "Oh shit, did I just poison myself?"

No comments: