Monday, June 30, 2008

vindication!!

There has been a running joke between me and The Boy regarding the fact that the one time I bet him that he couldn't fit into my jeans because his waist is not smaller than mine, he actually fit my jeans (at that point in time!).

A lot of people recently have been noticing my new, slightly thinner figure and have commented about my recent weight loss. Someone, I forget who, commented about the size of my arms being thinner than before, which made me pondered out loud, "I wonder if my arms are thinner than The Boy's?"

You would think the answer is an easy "yes, my arms are thinner than The Boy's!" but to my surprise, everyone we asked speculated that MY arms were NOT thinner than his. This is because The Boy has a reputation for being anorexic and extremely vain about keeping fit. And the fact that at an early point in our relationship (the point where I was fatter than I am now), he was able to fit into a pair of my jeans. So I said that one day, we will measure with a tape measure and I will prove that my arms are thinner than his.

Today was the day. I measured his right arm -- it was 12 inches in diameter. He measured my right arm -- it was 11 inches in diameter.

VINDICATION!! He may look thinner than me but the numbers don't lie! The Boy did ask if I wanted to take another bet that he could fit into my current jeans. I politely declined. I know when to quit when I'm ahead.

And plus, the reason he can fit into my jeans is because I have a big butt and he doesn't, so there's ample room for his lack of behind. =)

No comments: