Wednesday, June 18, 2008

wedding story #1 -- a little more please?

"I would like some asparagus and carrots please."

The server proceeds to give the person in front of me one stick of asparagus and one stick of carrot.

"Um, can I have a little more asparagus and carrots? Please?"

The server then gives him one more stick of asparagus.

"Just a little bit more? Pretty please?"

The server clearly looks annoyed, but hey, this is a guy who eats a lot so it's not surprising he would want more than one stick of asparagus and carrot. So the server puts another stick of carrot onto his plate.

Moving onto the next dish in line, the guy in front of me asks the same server, "I would also like some pasta alfredo, please."

The server gives him a scoop of pasta, which only has four rigatoni in it. The guy is laughing at the server now and even shakes his head. I'm trying not to laugh as I wait my turn to get food.

"Pretty little miss, do I have to beg you for a little more food? I'm a growing boy here."

So the server gives him another little scoop of pasta, which results in another four pieces of rigatoni.

He gets the point and gives up asking for more food. Luckily, it was self-service iceberg salad and fresh fruit, which was what I filled up my plate with after I only got one stick of asparagus and one stick of carrot. Oh, and it was one piece of chicken per person (although I didn't finish mine because I filled up on salad and bread).

I think the guy went back for seconds. I don't remember whether he was successful with round two, though, because I think I was busy playing with the baby sitting next to me and trying to feed the baby my bread.

I had my fill of the chocolate M&Ms on the table though.

No comments: