Tuesday, June 17, 2008

for the love of the game

I'm dating a player on the Detroit Tigers. For real. No lie. Okay, if you noticed, he's not exactly one of these Detroit Tigers, but he seriously is a team member of the "Detroit Tigers".

Anyhow, The Boy started playing baseball in a league created by players who just wanted to play real baseball. I've only been to two of his games. There's not a lot of people in the stands, but all the players really love to just play baseball and strive to win each game.

At the last game that I went to, the game started late because of some snafu with the first field being locked. So while The Boy was playing in his game, I noticed that gradually more and more people started filling up the stands. When I looked around, I noticed they were half in uniform, and finally I figured out that they were players from another two teams in the league. They apparantly, were also scheduled to play on the same field that The Boy's team was currently playing.

I overheard the umpire talk to the captains of the two teams sitting in the stands and it was agreed by all that the teams sitting in the stands would start an hour later than scheduled, or whenever the teams on the field finished the 7th inning, whichever came first. So as I was sitting and watching the game on the field, I noticed out of the corner of my eye that the players sitting in the stands just started changing into their uniforms. I mean, there was a guy sitting about two feet away from me who just stood up, took off his pants, put on something that I assumed was his jockstrap (because my eyes were ON THE GAME, you know) and then put on his baseball pants (or whatever they're called). A few more guys sitting behind me and to the other side of me also followed suit and started changing into their uniforms.

Do men have no modesty at all??

I ask this question, and yet who was the one getting dressed for a wedding in the backseat of a car? (that would be me)

No comments: