Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Five good things about The Original:
1. Giant geese laying golden eggs.
2. No flashbacks to Wonka's childhood days.
3. Using actual "little people" as the Oompa Loompas.
4. Tim Burton didn't direct it.
5. Willy Wonka is less creepy looking.


Five good things about The Remake:
1. Johnny Depp
2. Johnny Depp
3. Johnny Depp uses Nut-Cracking-Squirrels which are cuter than the Golden-Egg-Laying-Geese.
4. Tim Burton directed it, and was smart enough to cast Johnny Depp.
5. Johnny Depp, although the way he portrays "loopy Wonka" would totally scare a child. Heck, it kinda creeped me out and I'm not four years old.



How can you not love the image of Johnny Depp?

2 comments:

Katie Woods said...

I'm glad you liked both versions. I like both versions for different reasons. Some people just dislike the new one because they compare it to the old one, but I'm of the opinion that they are different movies, and as such should be judged as different movies. (You've also got a point about Johnny Depp) :)

Q said...

I heart Johnny Depp. I decided to watch Chocolat based solely on the (somewhat tardy) realization that he is in the movie. Love him. Please leave that French tart and marry me, Johnny. Please? Pretty please?