Wednesday, October 11, 2006

the anticipation of Krispy Kreme donuts

telephone conversation with The Boy:

Me: Hi Honey! Guess where we're gonna go this weekend?

BF: You sound really excited, must have to do with food.

Me: It isn't ALWAYS about food!

BF: No?

Me: Well, okay, it's about food.

BF: I know my little piggy well.

Me: HEY!

BF: Did you hear piggy? I meant "sweetheart". You heard me wrong.

Me: That's Miss Piggy to you, mister. Anyway, guess where we're going?

BF: Is there a chocolate festival going on?

Me: No, that was last weekend.

BF: Okay, where are you going?

Me: Krispy Kreme!

BF: Oh boy.

Me: That's right. I'm getting my glazed donut fix.

BF: Now I know that you're going to be good...

Me *with sarcasm*: Of course, I am going to be good.

BF: ...because you're just going to look at the process of how those donuts are made and you're not going to eat any donuts, right? You're just going to look and not touch, right?

Me: Of course, honey. I just want to learn how they make their donuts, and see the donuts go under the waterfall of icing.

BF: Oh stop it, you know you're going to eat a dozen the minute you get there.

Me: Yeah, who am I kidding? Do you want me to eat a dozen for you too?

BF: Knock yourself out. I can't stop you anyway.

Me: That's right. It's going to be an eating free for all!

BF: I'm so lucky to have an champion eater like you.

No comments: