Thursday, October 12, 2006

coldness

It is COLD here. COLD, I tell you, COLD!!

It's so cold that I had to break out the new down comforter I had stashed away in the closet. (Trust me, I did not pay that price. Summer sales are cool.) Oh, it's so warm and fluffy. King-size comforter stuffed into a queen size cover equals lots of poofiness on a full size bed.** My bed looks like a giant marshmellow now. I'm sure that I disappear as soon as I get under the poofy covers. It's so floofy, nobody would probably notice that I was warming up under the blankets.

Okay, enough about the fluffy covers. Back to the coldness outside. I had to wear gloves this morning. People thought I was weird, but I don't care because my fingers were cold!! And I'm sure the only reason my contracts professor honked the horn on his car was because he was wondering why I was walking down the street in a light down jacket with gloves and a scarf on.

The weatherman said there may be frost tonight. FROST. It's only October people! This is the mid-west, not the east coast! Winter weather isn't supposed to come until Halloween is over. The reason trick-or-treating isn't popular on the east coast is because it's too freaking cold to dress in cool costumes while trekking in the snow, going from house to house begging for candy. All the kiddies are either snowmen, marshmellows, or different colored versions of the Michelin Tire Man because you have to wear puffy down coats in order to go trick-or-treating.

Good gosh, I'm already complaining about how cold it is and it's really only about 60 degrees outside. Imagine how much whining this blog will hold once there is actual snow on the ground.

Don't say I didn't warn you.



**If you're wondering why I don't have matching size bed accessories, it's because I purchased each at different times of my life. During my working days in San Francisco, I used to have a queen size bed, therefore all bedsheets and duvet covers were sized queen. When I bought the down comforter, it was a better purchase to get the king size and plus Macys didn't have any other sizes. Once I got to Kansas City, I had to buy a bed and my new apartment only had enough space for of a full sized mattress and box set (also because I refuse to sleep on a twin size bed anymore--I'm a big girl now). And there you have it. The history behind the king size down comforter stuffed into a queen size duvet and set upon a full size bed.

No comments: