Wednesday, October 18, 2006

dare to be proud

I was extra proud of myself today. For these two specific reasons:

1. It was freezing cold outside today and normally if I had to make a choice between getting under the covers or braving the cold, I'd choose the covers. And yet I forced my freezing little toes into my sneakers and dragged my freezing butt to the gym in order to meet my 4-days-a-week-at-the-gym quota. (got three days this week, one more to go, whoo hoo!)

2. After my hard run on the treadmill, I managed to contain my dinner to just a small portion of lasagna and just a small slice of garlic bread. I felt full and satisfied. For the moment anyway.

About thirty minutes after my dinner, I managed to:
--eat the remaining 2 slices of garlic bread that was sitting on the cookie sheet
--eat a couple of pumpkin shaped candy corn because the Roommate left a note that said "Eat some!"
--eat a slice of pumpkin bread because I couldn't resist
--eat half a mango because I needed to add fruit to my diet
--eat a couple of Dove caramel chocolate squares because I needed something sweet.

As The Boy would say, I should be ashamed of myself. And I do feel a bit of shame for falling off the wagon, but just for a little bit. Then the moment passes and I go back to popping another piece of chocolate into my mouth.

Food is good. Enjoy the moment and savor the taste. Don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise.

No comments: