Saturday, October 21, 2006

weird conversation of the day

On my walk to school this morning, I was approached by a couple inquiring about the Cashier's Office. Note that it was raining cats and dogs and we were each under an umbrella trying to stay dry.

Woman: Excuse me.

Me: Yes?

Woman: Why is the cashier's officer not open today?

Me: Um, I don't know.

Woman: Do you go to school here?

Me: Yes, but I still don't know why the cashier's office is not open today.

Woman: Are you sure?

Me: Um, I didn't even realize the cashier's office is open on Saturdays.

Woman: Yeah, they are. But why is it closed today?

Man: Honey, she said she doesn't know. Let's go.

Woman: I was here last Saturday and the Cashier's Office was open.

Me: I don't know what to tell you. Obviously, it's not open today.

Man drags the woman away as she mutters: Stupid people.

Me continuing on my way: Okay then...

I'm not sure if that "stupid people" comment was meant for me or for the Cashier's office.

No comments: