Monday, October 30, 2006

It's official, I hate law school.

Well, that's a bit hasty of me. I don't hate all things law school, I just really hate my Contracts class, more specifically I hate the professor's teaching methods, which is no method at all.

The professor is great in person. But, in the classroom, he is the flakiest professor I know. Not only does he like to go on tangents about random things that has nothing to do with contracts, but he likes to spend three class periods talking (not lecturing, just talking) about the same theory.

Since we spend so much time talking about consideration in contracts, it's ironic how he has absolutely no consideration in giving us sufficient notice about important things like midterms and make-up classes. Remember this about the surprise midterm? Well, this was the professor's notice about a make-up class as half the students were leaving the classroom:

... ~~~ ... ~~~ ... ~~~ ...

Professor: So, I'm thinking about doing the make-up class tomorrow at noon. You all fine with that?

Student: Um, we have a property class at 12:40.

Prof: Property? With who?

Student: Professor Y.

Prof: Professor Y? Who's that?

Student: Professor Y is the property professor.

Prof: Oh, her! Yeah, I'll talk to her, she won't mind if you're 10 minutes late to class.

Student: Um, I think she will.

Prof: Okay, how about doing the make-up class today at noon?

Student: We have a class..... (in reality, we didn't have a class, but who wants to go to a make-up class two hours after being given notice of it?)

Prof: Well, just keep an eye out for an email about the make-up class then.

... ~~~ ... ~~~ ... ~~~ ...

Yes, and two hours later, we receive an email telling us that the make-up class is tomorrow at 11:30 a.m., allowing us 20 minutes to stuff food down our mouths before going to Property class. Fun times it will be.

The worst part about all this is that I have this same professor for Contracts next semester. Someone just shoot me now.

3 comments:

mary said...

hiiiiiiiii!!!
i'm a law student from Italy, but now i'm exchange in Sweden!i understand u.....the system here seems to be similar to yours in usa, it's very stressful!
anyway i'm feeling like on holiday and i enjoy myself all the time...i should study much more!maybe in an other life!
see u
mary

Q said...

I think all Contracts professors have to be nutjobs. It's the law. At least yours doesn't make people cry!!

Katie Woods said...

Hear! Hear!