Wednesday, August 02, 2006

this is the life

Monday:

7:30 a.m. -- wake-up call from the Boy wondering why I wasn't out of bed yet. "Because I don't have to work anymore! I quit yesterday remember! Now let me get back to sleep!"

9:50 a.m. -- text message from the Boy's sister wondering if I made it to Sacramento in one piece.

10:00 a.m. -- woke up and watched "The Simple Life" on the E channel for a couple hours. Paris and Nicole are so stupid but their show is so addictive I couldn't tear my eyes away.

11:30 a.m. -- ate brunch of leftover Mexican food in the fridge.

11:35 a.m. -- called the Boy to say hi.

12:45 p.m. -- attempted to do some yard work. Too hot so I only accomplished pulling out the giant, tall weeds that made the backyard look like a forest. Got pricked by thousands of thorns in the process, called the Boy to whine about it.

1:30 p.m. -- met with the window people to tell them which blinds were broken.

1:40 p.m. -- called the Boy to inform of completion of blinds repair.

3:00 p.m. -- attempt to repack everything neatly into boxes and prepare for shipping.

5:00 p.m. -- finished packing.

5:10 p.m. -- call the Boy to ask for help in locating coin operated laundry place.

5:30 p.m. -- search for laundry place and food.

6:00 p.m. -- found coin operated laundry place in the hood. Put clothes in wash and continued on quest for food.

6:30 p.m. -- found a grocery store and quelled hunger with a Sprite and chips. Put clothes in dryer.

7:15 p.m. -- returned back home with clean laundry.

8:00 p.m. -- watched tv for the rest of the night, while reading "Digital Fortress" by Dan Brown.

2:00 a.m. -- finally put the book down and gave in to the body's request for sleep.

Tuesday:

8:00 a.m. -- woke up to finish the last 100 pages of "Digital Fortress".

10:00 a.m. -- called the Boy to say good morning.

10:30 a.m. -- went shopping at Bed Bath & Beyond.

11:00 a.m. -- Spent an hour at Borders to use the laptop for internet access.

11:30 a.m. -- Called the Boy to say hi.

12:00 p.m. -- went shopping at Kohl's, then Ralphs' Grocery.

12:10 p.m. -- the Boy called to ask how I liked it to get a call every ten minutes: "I love getting phone calls from you. I'm not irked at all. Call me anytime you like. What else am I doing?" My response only made the Boy angrier because his plan to irk me backfired.

1:00 p.m. -- went home for lunch (Carl's Junior curly fries and chicken salad).

1:05 p.m. -- called the Boy to say hi again, then took a quick nap.

3:00 p.m. -- woke up and went to Home Depot to return dead flower (yep, they take it back with no questions asked).

3:10 p.m. -- called the Boy to inform of successful flower return.

3:15 p.m. -- went shopping at Wal-Mart.

4:00 p.m. -- planted new hisbiscus flowers in the Boy's yard and did some more potting and repotting of plants.

4:45 p.m. -- Emailed the Boy pictures of the new flower garden.

5:00 p.m. -- turn on laptop and was estatic to be able to mooch off someone else's unsecured wireless connection. SCORE!

5:05 p.m. -- call the Boy to inform him of good fortune.

5:40 p.m. -- I think it's time for another nap.

No comments: